Installation / starting issues

Hi:
I’m still trying to install invenio in a rocky linux 8.4
I have create a user call “inve” with the privileges of a root and whe I try “invenio-cli packages lock” I have this problem

[inve@inveniordm invenio-usm]$ invenio-cli packages lock
Locking dependencies… Allow pre-releases: False. Include dev-packages: False.
Locking python dependencies…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/pipenv”, line 8, in
sys.exit(cli())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 1128, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/cli/options.py”, line 56, in main
return super().main(*args, **kwargs, windows_expand_args=False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 1053, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 1659, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 1395, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 754, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/decorators.py”, line 84, in new_func
return ctx.invoke(f, obj, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/core.py”, line 754, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/click/decorators.py”, line 26, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/cli/command.py”, line 313, in lock
ensure_project(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/core.py”, line 553, in ensure_project
ensure_virtualenv(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/core.py”, line 473, in ensure_virtualenv
python = ensure_python(project, three=three, python=python)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/core.py”, line 362, in ensure_python
path_to_python = find_a_system_python(python)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/core.py”, line 333, in find_a_system_python
python_entry = find_python(finder, line)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/utils/shell.py”, line 309, in find_python
result = finder.find_python_version(line)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/pythonfinder.py”, line 288, in find_python_version
return self.system_path.find_python_version(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/pythonfinder.py”, line 120, in system_path
self._system_path = self.create_system_path()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/pythonfinder.py”, line 82, in create_system_path
return pyfinder_path.SystemPath.create(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/models/path.py”, line 694, in create
instance = instance._run_setup()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/models/path.py”, line 241, in _run_setup
path_order=[p.as_posix() for p in path_instances if p.exists()],
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pipenv/vendor/pythonfinder/models/path.py”, line 241, in
path_order=[p.as_posix() for p in path_instances if p.exists()],
File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/pathlib.py”, line 1407, in exists
self.stat()
File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/pathlib.py”, line 1198, in stat
return self._accessor.stat(self)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/root/bin’
Failed to lock dependencies.

thanks

Hi, we had the same issue in the past, have a look here some Docker images that we were using and they should work.

1 Like

Hi I finally could install invenio RDM v.9.0 with a lot of warnings in a debian 11,
but know I fanally can learn to use it and whit the tim I’ll go to eleminate warnings one by one.

for now I have 2 questions:

1)where I find or I create the users?
I don’t see or under stand that here
https://inveniordm.docs.cern.ch/customize/vocabularies/users/

2)Digital ocean said that I have a vunerability on redis
I shouldn’t have the posibility or do this from another pc
Telnet “My Ip” 6379 and conect to my server.

I don’t find the file"redis.conf" for do the solutuion Digitalocean sugets

in docker-services.yml I have this configuration

cache:
image: redis
restart: “unless-stopped”
read_only: true
ports:
- “6379:6379”

tranks

Hello,

1. where I find or I create the users?
    You are in the right place if you want to load them when creating the fixtures/demo data: fill in the yaml file and then when you run invenio-cli services setup the users will be created from there.
    Otherwise, just go to the login page and register a new user (with username, email and psw). In this case you will have to activate the user (programmatically as in the doc above).

2. Digital ocean said that I have a vunerability on redis
    We simply use the image from Docker, you will have to check their doc here and use the right version of redis. We are running version 6 at the moment, but 7 should work without issues.

1 Like

Hello,

I have an Ubuntu 20.04 server, and i wanted to install invenioRDM.

When i run this command invenio-cli containers start --lock --build --setup

I get this error ImportError: cannot import name ‘JsonLoader’ from ‘jsonref’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jsonref.py)

Please help.

Thanx

Hello,
thank you for reporting it. We are already working on fixing this.
In the meanwhile, as a workaround, you can upper-pin the dependency “jsonref<1.0.0” in your Pipfile and it should work.

Thanks for a quick reply. I modified my Pipfile as below:

[[source]]
name = “pypi”
url = “Simple index
verify_ssl = true

[dev-packages]
check-manifest = “>=0.25”

[packages]
invenio-app-rdm = {extras = [“postgresql”, “elasticsearch7”], version = “~=9.1.0”}
uwsgi = “>=2.0”
uwsgitop = “>=0.11”
uwsgi-tools = “>=1.1.1”
jsonref = “==0.3.0”

[requires]
python_version = “3.8”

[pipenv]
allow_prereleases = false

But still I get the same error, did I do it wrongly?

Hello,
we have just released v0.3.2, the issue should be fixed by now. You can remove the jsonref line.