InvenioRDM Alpha 11 (September release)

We are glad to announce InvenioRDM Alpha 11 (September release)!

What’s new?

We now have support for drafts, meaning you can now start a deposit, save it, and come back many days later to publish it.

This simple change marks a very big milestone for the backend of InvenioRDM. During the past months we have been revamping the entire data and control flow of the backend. The flow is what is supporting the core of InvenioRDM - submitting, editing and searching for records - and it determines what is possible and what’s not possible in InvenioRDM. These changes enable the customizations needed by partners including customizations to permissions, publishing workflows, metadata fields, indexing and serializations just to name a few.

A high-level overview of the new flow is shown below:

This new flow is implemented in the following Invenio modules:

Install (TL;DR)

If you previously installed InvenioRDM, make sure you have the latest Docker image of your choice according to the Python version:

docker pull inveniosoftware/centos7-python:3.6
docker pull inveniosoftware/centos8-python:3.7
docker pull inveniosoftware/centos8-python:3.8

To install:

pip install --upgrade invenio-cli
invenio-cli init rdm
cd my-site
invenio-cli containerize --pre
invenio-cli demo --containers

To destroy the Python virtualenv, and remove the docker containers, you can now just run:

cd my-site
invenio-cli destroy

It’s the first feature by Rodrigo Almeida, the newest addition to our team!

2 Likes

Hi, tested and installed well. I noticed two immediate things:

1. The admin pages are still not working. I assume it is the same as reported in the last release

2. When saving a draft, all required fields have to be filled. To me, it is a bit strange as I may want to save my draft before getting to that field.

Installation went smooth :+1:

Hello,

Installation worked fine.
Two issues so far
Communities page not able to display a recently created community

I see this error logged "
Preformatted textheaders = {"Accept": self._rest_config["default_media_type"]} File "/opt/invenio/invenio-venv/latest/lib/python3.6/site-packages/invenio_search_ui/views.py", line 102, in _rest_config return current_app.config['RECORDS_REST_ENDPOINTS'][self.endpoint_id] KeyError: 'recid'"

2.Authentication and Authorization not required when creating (saving/publishing) a record