We hope this release finds you all safe at home amidst these strange times.
Although in this release, we won’t ask you to test, a lot of discussion, planning and foundational work has been laid. The Deposit page has been our focus and that meant designing the frontend and the backend based on lessons learned from the beta invenio-deposit and from the angularjs invenio-records-js and invenio-files-js modules. We hope to implement most of it in May.
That being said, as usual, we still made some improvements based on your March feedback. Thank you all for testing and for your many contributions. Special thanks to Werner’s exploration of Kubernetes deployment and Esteban’s S3 big file uploads.
- Request for comments (RFCs) have been written up from the numerous conversations. These are living and changing documents.
- Two new modules have been created to improve the REST API and deal with the deposit backend
- On the frontend we have added a proof of concept deposit page with 2 fields (title and resource type).
- These are in part powered by an improved controlled vocabulary backend and an all-new React frontend.
- This page is accessible through the Upload link of the search page.
- Invenio-s3 v1.0.3 has been released with better big file upload support
- Various dependency fixes have been applied and the cookiecutter slugification made more solid
- Auto-reloading of webpack has been made possible allowing us to work much more effectively with React
Note that the demo sites will not be updated yet as much of this work is proof of concept.
What do you need to do?
Wash your hands and socially distance yourself!
Also, you can install the latest invenio-cli v0.12.0 if you want, but, as mentioned, apart from the
/deposits/new proof of concept page you won’t see anything else. Take it easy this time. We will
be asking a lot of feedback from you next month!
Thank you for your patience, take care and stay safe!