What payload Invenio used for registering DOI with Datacite

Hello,

I know that users can enable DataCite registeration with Invenio by changing the configuration to enable it.

1. I am wondering when registering an DOI for a dataset with Datacite what payload (for example what attributes are included in the payload) Invenio will generate from the dataset for registering the DOI.

2. Could you please tell me which python code is responsible for generating the payload and registering the DOIs ?

Thanks in advance.

Yudong from Gesis.

Hello,

1. I am wondering when registering an DOI for a dataset with Datacite what payload (for example what attributes are included in the payload) Invenio will generate from the dataset for registering the DOI.

You can find here the code that maps/transforms the InvenioRDM data model to the DataCite XML that is sent to DataCite when registering a DOI.
It should be the same if you go to a record, for example here, and you export the DataCite XML as in the screenshot:

1. Could you please tell me which python code is responsible for generating the payload and registering the DOIs ?

Here you are: GitHub - inveniosoftware/datacite: Python API wrapper for the DataCite API.

Hi Nitarocc, great and thanks for the info. :grinning: